Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Twitter


I am continually amazed by technology and what people come up with.
Wikipedia: Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that allows users to send "updates" (or "tweets") to the Twitter web site. Updates are displayed on the user's profile page and instantly delivered to other users who have signed up to receive them. Users can receive updates via the Twitter website, instant messaging, SMS, RSS, email or through an application.
So basically its status updates (like Myspace or facebook) without the profile page. I am not sure about it seeing I don't use the status updates on my myspace or facebook but I opened an account today- if your on find me on twitter.com/eworshamjohnson.
Why I joined: The guys I work for (Creative Arts Staff at my church) think it would be cool to make an interactive worship experience using twitter. Check out this blog about a church in Chicago that did this.

The positive buzzwords for this were
“I felt like part of what was happening,”
“I felt part of the community,”
“I felt like a leader,”
“I felt like it was more than just about me.”
"I’m not gonna lie—I love technology. I love blogging. The computer. My iPhone. If you read this blog you’re saying, “duh.” But, though my love of technology and our penchant for taking risks as early adopters at Westwinds played a role in Twitter Sunday, there was a much deeper inertia."

2 comments:

John said...

Thanks for the mention, Emily. Westwinds is having a lot of fun with our Twitter experiments on the weekend and throughout the week.

Anonymous said...

Twitter rules!!!

:)