Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Last King of Scotland

I saw this last night. It was intense but a good history lesson, about the leader of Uganda Idi Amin Dada in the 70's. He was know as the 'Butcher of Uganda'. Forest Whitaker (above) won best actor at the Oscars this year. He was crazy but I read some websites about the real guy and he was thought to have manic depression and he was very paranoid. In the movie which I can't finds matches with history- there was a Scotish Doctor that was an advisor of his. I guess this is hollywoods spin on the movie but if you know any truth in it, pass it my way! All in all good acting, very nasty the last 20 minutes but it could be worth seeing.

1 comment:

Cameron said...

I really want to see it! I saw 300 last night and oh my gosh it was absolutely incredible. Like everything about it was perfect. Nate should see it. It's pretty violent, because it's a war movie, ya know. I'm not sure if you'd like that, but I think you'd like the movie. It's SO good.